Here’s how to set your headset as your default audio device in Discord:
- Launch Discord and go to User Settings (gear icon)
- Select Voice Video.
- Go to Output and Input.
- Use the drop-down menu to select your headset.
- Save the changes and check if the audio issue still persists.
- 1 Why doesn’t my headphones work on Discord?
- 2 How do I get my headphone/mic to work?
- 3 Why can’t I hear Discord sounds?
- 4 How do I use headphones with Discord PC?
- 5 How do I fix my mic on discord?
- 6 Why is my PC not detecting my headset mic?
- 7 How do I get my headset mic to work on PC?
- 8 How do I enable audio mode in discord?
- 9 How do I listen to audio on discord?
- 10 How do I listen to game audio on discord?
- 11 Can I use earbuds with Discord?
- 12 How do you hear yourself on mic Discord?
Why doesn’t my headphones work on Discord?
Make sure your USB or 3.5mm headphone jack is securely connected to your computer. Try unplugging and plugging back in. You can also try to plug in using different ports. Have the latest drivers and software downloaded for your device that you’re using as a microphone.
How do I get my headphone/mic to work?
For a PC, plug your headphones into the mic input jack. From here, open up your computer preferences and select “manage audio devices”. Click on the recording tab and tap or blow into your headphones to see if it picks up the input. If it does, you’re good to go!
Why can’t I hear Discord sounds?
If you aren’t hearing any or most of the sounds from Discord then the Discord settings might be set towards a different output device. So, simply changing the settings to use your output device will solve this issue. Select your output device from the drop down menu in Output.
How do I use headphones with Discord PC?
In the Settings menu, under “App Settings”, select the “Voice & Video” on the left. This will bring up the menu where you can change the settings for your microphone or headset. To choose which microphone or headset Discord should use, open the drop-down menu under “Input Device ”.
How do I fix my mic on discord?
Here’s how to reset the Voice Settings in Discord:
- Click the User Settings icon in the bottom-left corner of the Discord windows.
- Then, click on Voice & Video (under App Settings).
- Scroll down till the end and click on Reset Voice Settings.
- Then hit Okay to confirm your selection and wait for Discord to reinitialize.
Why is my PC not detecting my headset mic?
Your headset mic may be disabled or not set as the default device on your computer. Or the microphone volume is so low that it can’t record your sound clearly. Right click the Headset Microphone and click Enable. Right-click it again and select Set as Default Device.
How do I get my headset mic to work on PC?
Go to your computer’s Control Panel, then click “Sound.” Under the recording tab, you should see a green check mark next to “ Microphone Realtek High Definition Audio.” Click on the microphone and select “Properties” at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Under Properties, select the “Levels” tab.
How do I enable audio mode in discord?
Here is how:
- 1) Run Discord, and then click the Settings icon.
- 2) Click Voice & Video, then Reset Voice Settings.
- 3) Click Okay.
- 4) Try sharing your screen again to test your issue.
- 1) Run Discord.
- 2) Click the Settings icon.
- 3) Click Audio & Video.
- 4) Click Okay to save the change.
How do I listen to audio on discord?
To do that, follow the steps:
- Open Discord.
- Click on User Settings (cog icon next to your avatar).
- In the left menu choose Voice & Video.
- Scroll down until you see the Audio Subsystem option. In the drop-down menu choose Legacy.
- In the window that appears, click OK.
- Discord will re-launch.
How do I listen to game audio on discord?
Open the discord application and locate the settings of discord. Now, go to the app settings and find the voice and video settings of the discord. In the voice and video settings of the discord, check the input device as the Voicemeeter AUX and the output device as cable input.
Can I use earbuds with Discord?
All wired or Bluetooth headphones, headsets, and earbuds can work with discord. This is true whether you’re playing and chatting on your phone or PC.
How do you hear yourself on mic Discord?
Go to User Settings > Voice & Video. Under the input & output volume sliders, you’ll see this new mic test feature. Click on Let’s Check & start to speak.