Right click the speaker on the taskbar, click on Playback device, right click on Speaker, click in Disable. When finished with headphones do again except Enable rather than Disable. If this answers your question – Then mark it so.
- 1 How do you stop sound coming from speakers when headphones are plugged in?
- 2 When I connect headphones to laptop the speakers still play?
- 3 Why does my speaker say when I plug in headphones?
- 4 How do I mute my computer speakers?
- 5 How do I switch from laptop speakers to headphones?
- 6 Why is sound coming from computer and not speakers?
- 7 Why does my laptop think headphones are plugged in?
- 8 Why does it say my headphones aren’t plugged in PC?
- 9 How do I turn my speakers off?
- 10 How do I silence my speakers?
- 11 How do I turn off the internal speakers on my Dell computer?
How do you stop sound coming from speakers when headphones are plugged in?
Fix 2: Set your headphones as default audio device
- Right-click the Volume Control icon on the taskbar, and select Sounds.
- Click the Playback tab.
- Make sure the Headphones are set as the default device. If not, right-click Headphones and Set as default device.
- Click the OK button.
When I connect headphones to laptop the speakers still play?
If you have multiple audio output devices connected to your Windows 10 PC, your device might stream the sound in the wrong output even after you plug in your headphones. To prevent this from happening, set your headphones as your PC’s default audio device. Right-click on it and select ‘Sounds’.
Why does my speaker say when I plug in headphones?
So, why are the speakers still playing when you plug in your headphones? It could be your computer setting, a recent update, or a driver update. First, restart your computer; if that doesn’t fix the problem, try updating your settings, audio drivers, or changing your default sound device, among other solutions.
How do I mute my computer speakers?
You can mute the sound in Windows through the notification area.
- Look in the Windows notification area for the sound icon.
- Click the sound icon to display the volume.
- Click the Mute Speakers or Toggle mute icon to mute the sound.
How do I switch from laptop speakers to headphones?
How to swap between headphones and speakers
- Click the small speaker icon next to the clock on your Windows taskbar.
- Select the small up arrow to the right of your current audio output device.
- Select your output of choice from the list that appears.
Why is sound coming from computer and not speakers?
Reboot your computer. Verify via the speaker icon in the taskbar that the audio is not muted and is turned up. Ensure that the computer isn’t muted via hardware, such as a dedicated mute button on you laptop or keyboard. For desktop systems with speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack, try a USB speaker or USB headphones.
Why does my laptop think headphones are plugged in?
This is a mechanical problem, when you plug in headphones there is a small spring tab that is pushed up breaking an electrical connection. When that happens the computer “knows” there is a headphone connected.
Why does it say my headphones aren’t plugged in PC?
If your headphones or speakers have a hardware fault, there is no need to try and fix the issue within Windows. Plug your device into the audio jack of a different computer, laptop, or even a smartphone. Something you can also try is using a different jack on your computer, if available.
How do I turn my speakers off?
Turn off Speakerphone during a call. Tap the image of a speaker on the left bottom of your Android screen. This will reduce the amplification of the sound from your Android speakers and return to normal phone mode.
How do I silence my speakers?
How do you muffle a speaker? You have plenty of options for muffling your speakers, from using polyurethane foam or acoustic foam to rags, pillows, tape, or even a spare plushy. While some options are more effective and intended for longer-term use than others, all these methods will dampen sound.
How do I turn off the internal speakers on my Dell computer?
How to Turn Off the Internal Speaker in a Dell Computer
- Select the “Start” menu on your desktop and navigate to the Control Panel. A window should pop up listing the Control Panel options.
- Click the Device Manager.
- Click on the Beep Properties menu.
- Click the “Stop” button on the Driver menu.