If this doesn’t help, continue to the next tip.
- Run the audio troubleshooter.
- Verify that all Windows Updates are installed.
- Check your cables, plugs, jacks, volume, speaker, and headphone connections.
- Check sound settings.
- Fix your audio drivers.
- Set your audio device as the default device.
- Turn off audio enhancements.
- 1 How do I fix the sound on my headphones Windows 10?
- 2 Why is my sound not working through headphones?
- 3 Why can’t I hear anything on my headphones Windows 10?
- 4 How do I fix the sound on my headphones?
- 5 Can’t hear anything on headphones PC?
- 6 How do I fix my headset on my computer?
- 7 Can headphones be repaired?
- 8 Why are my headphones not working on laptop?
- 9 How do I open Realtek HD Audio Manager?
- 10 How do I reset my sound settings on Windows 10?
- 11 Why does my headset sound muffled PC?
- 12 Why does my headphones sound distorted?
How do I fix the sound on my headphones Windows 10?
How to fix “No sound from headphones” issue
- Check active audio device. Windows 10 normally switches to a newly connected audio device when it connects.
- Check Device and app volume.
- Check app settings.
- Disable exclusive mode.
- Disable audio enhancements.
- Check enabled/disabled audio devices.
- Update Audio drivers.
- Check hardware.
Why is my sound not working through headphones?
Make sure your audio source is on and the volume is up. If your headphones have a volume button or knob, make sure to turn it up. Make sure the headphone jack is firmly plugged into the correct audio jack. If the audio source uses a line remote, disconnect the remote and plug directly to the audio source.
Why can’t I hear anything on my headphones Windows 10?
Make Sure Headphones Are Set as Enabled and Set as Default Device. In the Sound Settings window, click “Manage sound devices” and see whether your “headset” or “headphones” are under the “Disabled” list. If they are, click them and click “Enable.”
How do I fix the sound on my headphones?
Ruling Out Phone or PC Settings
- Try another pair of earphones. The first step is to get a pair of perfectly working earphones and connect them to your device.
- Restart the device. Another simple fix you may want to try is restarting your device.
- Check the settings.
- Clean the headphone jack.
Can’t hear anything on headphones PC?
If you’re using wired headphones, check your audio jack. Look for the audio output port on the side or back of your computer, often with the headphones or speaker icon, and ensure your headphone jack is properly plugged in. Plug the headphones back in and see if they work. Set your headphones as the default device.
How do I fix my headset on my computer?
If your headset isn’t working, the problem might be in the drivers. Head to Device Manager and uninstall the drivers for the connected headset. Reboot the PC and connect the headset once again to let Windows reinstall them. Yes, it’s the tried and true “turn it off and on again” process, but it works.
Can headphones be repaired?
Many audio and electronics shops will do headphone repairs. If you can’t find a local place to do the work, you can look into shipping your headphones to the manufacturer or an independent repair center for a fix. And depending on the problem, your headphones may be covered by a warranty as well.
Why are my headphones not working on laptop?
If a pair of headphones won’t work with your laptop computer, this means that the headphone jack itself has become disabled. Plug your headphones into the headphone jack on your laptop computer. To enable the “Headphone” line on your sound card, the headphones must actually be plugged into the computer.
How do I open Realtek HD Audio Manager?
The simple way to access Control Panel is to press Windows + R, type control panel, and press Enter to open it. Step 2. In Control Panel window, click Small icons next View by. Find Realtek HD Audio Manager and click it to open Realtek HD Audio Manager in Windows 10.
How do I reset my sound settings on Windows 10?
Select Hardware and Sound from the Control Panel, and then select Sound. On the Playback tab, right-click the listing for your audio device, select Set as Default Device, and then select OK.
Why does my headset sound muffled PC?
For wired headphones, muffled audio can be caused by a loose connection to the audio source. If the plug of your headphones isn’t properly plugged in the audio port, sound quality will be inconsistent. For Bluetooth headphones, it can be caused by mismatched codecs.
Why does my headphones sound distorted?
One of the most common reasons earphones begin making fuzzy or distorted sounds is because of wire damage. Located on the inside of the rubber sealing, is a very delicate wire, that often times can become dislocated from the earphone altogether if it is bent at too far of an angle.