- Hold the PlayStation button until the Quick Menu appears.
- Select Sound/Devices > Output to Headphones > All Audio.
- This should output all audio through your headphones or earbuds. However, you may want to test it by playing a game.
- 1 Why can’t I hear anything out of my Headphones on PS4?
- 2 How do I make all the Sound come out of my Headphones?
- 3 Do all headphones work with PS4?
- 4 Why is there no sound when I plug in headphones?
- 5 How do I get my sound to play through my headphones instead of speakers?
- 6 Do Apple earbuds work on PS4?
- 7 How do you use normal headphones on PS4?
- 8 How do I play music through my headphone jack?
- 9 Can hear voices through headphones?
Why can’t I hear anything out of my Headphones on PS4?
Go to Settings>Devices>Audio Devices>Headset and Headphones. if the volume bar is grayed out, your PS4 isnt recognizing your headset. Once you hear the “click”, you will notice that the volume bar is no longer grayed out, meaning the headset has been recognized. Adjust volume for assurance.
How do I make all the Sound come out of my Headphones?
how to make sound play in headphones only
- Click on Start.
- Go to Control Panel and select Hardware and Sound.
- Click on Sound, it will open a Window with All the sound devices listed in it.
- Disable the Speaker by right clicking on the Speaker icon and select Disable option.
Do all headphones work with PS4?
Most headphones with a 3.5mm audio jack can work on the PS4 after a few tweaks to the settings to set them up. However, non-compatible wired headphones (those that follow the OMTP standard) can still work with the help of a converter.
Why is there no sound when I plug in headphones?
Make sure your audio source is on and the volume is up. Make sure the headphone jack is firmly plugged into the correct audio jack. If the audio source uses a line remote, disconnect the remote and plug directly to the audio source. If you can hear the sound from your headphones, the line remote may require repair.
How do I get my sound to play through my headphones instead of speakers?
How to swap between headphones and speakers
- Click the small speaker icon next to the clock on your Windows taskbar.
- Select the small up arrow to the right of your current audio output device.
- Select your output of choice from the list that appears.
Do Apple earbuds work on PS4?
iPhone headphones/ earbuds do not work on PS4 because the iPhone has a different jack standard. All other headphone companies manufacture headphone jacks on one standard, but iPhone doesn’t. That’s the reason iPhone headphones are not compatible with ps4.
How do you use normal headphones on PS4?
To plug in regular headphones into your PS4, simply;
- Long-press the PlayStation button on the DualShock controller.
- Go to You can also press the D-Pad up button and navigate to Settings on the far right corner.
- Scroll down and select Devices.
- Select Audio Devices.
How do I play music through my headphone jack?
1-4 of 4 Answers
- Plug in a 3.5mm audio cable into the monitor and into your audio.
- If you have the monitor connected with HDMI, the headphone jack outputs whatever the HDMI is feeding into the monitor.
- The monitor has a simple audio-out jack.
- Just plug your headphone into the port.
Can hear voices through headphones?
If your headset (headphones) is playing only background sounds (or music), then the main cause shouldn’t be from the headphone speakers, it might be an audio jack/socket loose connection, a media player (mobile/ PC..etc) might have an audio driver and/or settings issue, the audio file you are playing might be the