Set your headphones as the default audio device Look for the sound icon on the bottom-right corner of your PC’s screen. Right-click on it and select ‘Sounds‘. Click on the ‘Playback’ tab and select your headphones from the list of devices. Right-click on it and tap on ‘Set as default device’.
- 1 How do I use computer speakers when headphones are plugged in?
- 2 Why can’t I hear sound when my headphones are plugged in?
- 3 How do I get sound to play through headphones and speakers Windows 10?
- 4 How can I use an external speaker with my laptop speakers?
- 5 Why is sound coming from computer and not speakers?
- 6 Why can’t I hear any sound?
- 7 Why can I only hear out of one headphone on my computer?
- 8 How do I split audio between HDMI and speakers?
- 9 How can I make my computer speakers and Bluetooth speakers play simultaneously?
- 10 How do I use both speakers on dual monitors?
- 11 How do you make sound come out of two headphones?
How do I use computer speakers when headphones are plugged in?
Connect your headphones and speakers to your PC. Right-click on the volume icon in the taskbar and click Sounds. This opens the Sounds settings. Under the Playback tab, right-click Speakers and choose “Set as Default Device”.
Why can’t I hear sound when my headphones are plugged in?
Make sure your audio source is on and the volume is up. If your headphones have a volume button or knob, make sure to turn it up. If you have battery-powered headphones, make sure there is enough charge. Make sure the headphone jack is firmly plugged into the correct audio jack.
How do I get sound to play through headphones and speakers Windows 10?
This is also pretty easy to do in Windows 10:
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the notification tray, then select Sounds.
- Select the recording tab.
- Look for Stereo Mix, right-click on it and select Enable if it isn’t already.
- Right-click on Stereo Mix again and select properties.
- Select the Listen tab.
How can I use an external speaker with my laptop speakers?
Open Windows Control Panel>Hardware & Sound>Sound. This will bring up a list of your input devices. You should be able to select the built-in speakers for sound and the MIC port separately.
Why is sound coming from computer and not speakers?
Reboot your computer. Verify via the speaker icon in the taskbar that the audio is not muted and is turned up. Ensure that the computer isn’t muted via hardware, such as a dedicated mute button on you laptop or keyboard. For desktop systems with speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack, try a USB speaker or USB headphones.
Why can’t I hear any sound?
Check that the speakers are turned on and connected properly Make sure that the speaker cable is securely plugged into the “output” audio socket on your computer. A final thing to check is that the audio cable is securely plugged into the back of the speakers. Some speakers have more than one input, too.
Why can I only hear out of one headphone on my computer?
Headsets may play only in one ear depending on your audio settings. So check your audio properties and make sure that the mono option is turned off. In addition, make sure that voice levels are balanced on both earbuds. The voice levels must be equal on both sides of your headset.
How do I split audio between HDMI and speakers?
Can I play sound from my speakers and the HDMI at the same time on Win 10?
- Open Sound panel.
- Select Speakers as the default playback device.
- Go to the “Recording” tab.
- Right click and enable “Show Disabled Devices”
- A recording device called “Wave Out Mix”, “Mono Mix” or “Stereo Mix” (this was my case) should appear.
How can I make my computer speakers and Bluetooth speakers play simultaneously?
The simple way is to buy a bluetooth speaker that has an “audio out” jack. Direct the music to your bluetooth speaker and run a cable from the speaker output to your computer speakers input. Then you will have coordinated music being played by bluetooth speaker and your 2.1 speaker system.
How do I use both speakers on dual monitors?
Go into properties and go to the listen tab and select listen to device which will “listen” for the sound in your main device. Underneath that button their is a menu “playback through this device” and select the second device i.e. your second monitor.
How do you make sound come out of two headphones?
Use sound-splitting hardware, such as a headphone splitter The easiest way to use two headphones on your PC or Mac is to use a headphone splitter. This lets you plug two or more headphones into your computer via the mini-stereo or USB port and split the sound equally between both devices.