Make sure your audio source is on and the volume is up. If your headphones have a volume button or knob, make sure to turn it up. If you have battery-powered headphones, make sure there is enough charge. Make sure the headphone jack is firmly plugged into the correct audio jack.
- 1 Why are my headphones connected but no sound?
- 2 Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in?
- 3 How do I get the sound back on my headphones?
- 4 How do I fix sound not coming through my headphones?
- 5 How do you fix your headphones when there’s no sound?
- 6 Why did my headphones suddenly stop working?
- 7 How do I know if my headphones are broken?
- 8 Why is no sound coming from my Xbox headset?
Why are my headphones connected but no sound?
If you’re getting no sound out of your Bluetooth headphones, make sure that the Media Audio setting is turned on. Select your Bluetooth headphones from the list. Check Paired Devices in Android. On the next screen, make sure that Media Audio is turned ON.
Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in?
Dust, lint and dirt may block the connection between the jack and the headphones. Check for this and clean the jack using a cotton swab damped with some rubbing alcohol to get the lint and dust out, or use a can of compressed air if you have one close by. Plug the headphones back in and see if they work.
How do I get the sound back on my headphones?
In search, type sounds and select Change system sound in the Search results. In the Sound section, click on the Playback tab and then select your headphones. Click the Set Default button. If you have only your speakers connected to your computer, and no other playback device, they will be set to default automatically.
How do I fix sound not coming through my headphones?
Make sure the headphone jack is firmly plugged into the correct audio jack. I Can’t Hear Any Sound from My Headphones
- Make sure to select your headphones in the Bluetooth settings of your audio source.
- Turn your headphones off and on.
- Pair your headphones to your audio device again.
How do you fix your headphones when there’s no sound?
This can be fixed in four easy steps.
- Step 1: Identify the Problem Areas. When using the earphones, listen to see which side cuts out.
- Step 2: Twist the Cord Until You Hear Sound from Both Sides.
- Step 3: Secure the Cord.
- Step 4: Consider Replacing the Earphones.
Why did my headphones suddenly stop working?
Earphones/earbuds typically stop working due to wire strain, faulty wiring from the manufacturer, moisture damage, or damage to the drivers that produce the sound. These occurrences may cause shorts in the electrical flow of audio or complete disconnection between the drivers and the audio source.
How do I know if my headphones are broken?
A headphone driver is blown when you can hear a rattle or distorted sound, or if they won’t work at all. However, it’s actually difficult to blow drivers as headphones aren’t designed for high output power, or extreme volumes. It’s more likely that your driver is dirty or has loose parts.
Why is no sound coming from my Xbox headset?
If you still aren’t getting audio, see if a firmware update is available. Mic issues: If your friends can’t hear you, first make sure that your mic isn’t muted, then check in headset settings that Auto-mute is not set to High (try turning Auto-mute off). If that doesn’t fix the problem, restart both devices.