Check to make sure your audio devices aren’t muted and haven’t been disabled. Right-click the Speakers icon on the taskbar, and then select Open Volume mixer. You’ll see a set of volume controls for your devices. Make sure none of them are muted.
- 1 Why is there no output sound on my Windows 10?
- 2 Why won’t sound come out of my headphones on PC?
- 3 How do I get my speakers and headphones to work on Windows 10?
- 4 Why doesn’t my headphones work when I plug it in on Windows 10?
- 5 Why my PC audio is not working?
- 6 How do you fix PC No audio output device is installed?
- 7 Why is no sound coming from my headphones?
- 8 Why did my headphones suddenly stop working?
- 9 Why are my wired headphones connected but no sound?
- 10 How do I get my computer to play sound through headphones and speakers?
- 11 How can I use headphones mic and speaker on PC?
- 12 How do you fix your earphones when there is no sound?
- 13 Why are my earphones not working when I plug them in?
- 14 Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in my phone?
Why is there no output sound on my Windows 10?
The main reason you are seeing the “No Audio Output Device is installed” error in Windows 10 and having a sound issue is due to outdated, corrupt, broken (that could have been caused by a Windows update) or missing sound drivers.
Why won’t sound come out of my headphones on PC?
Right-click on the sound icon on the lower-right of your computer screen, then click Sounds. Click the Playback tab, unplug and then re-plug your headphone into the headphone jack to make sure Headphones (or Speakers/Headphones, same as below) is checked, then click OK.
How do I get my speakers and headphones to work on Windows 10?
This is also pretty easy to do in Windows 10:
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the notification tray, then select Sounds.
- Select the recording tab.
- Look for Stereo Mix, right-click on it and select Enable if it isn’t already.
- Right-click on Stereo Mix again and select properties.
- Select the Listen tab.
Why doesn’t my headphones work when I plug it in on Windows 10?
Right-click on your audio driver and select Update Driver. Click on Search automatically for updated driver software. If Windows can find an updated driver, it will automatically download and install the update to your computer. Restart your PC and test if the headphones or headphone jack issue is solved.
Why my PC audio is not working?
Right-click on the sound icon located on the bottom-right corner of your screen. Once you open the window, click Open Sound Settings. In the Sound Settings window, click Sound Control Panel. If the sound is not working, right click on the default audio device again, this time selecting Properties.
How do you fix PC No audio output device is installed?
Press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard and click on the Device Manager option from the menu. Expand the Sound, video and game controllers menu by clicking on the arrow next to it. Right-click on your audio device listed in the menu and choose the Uninstall device option. Restart your computer.
Why is no sound coming from my headphones?
Make sure your audio source is on and the volume is up. If your headphones have a volume button or knob, make sure to turn it up. Make sure the headphone jack is firmly plugged into the correct audio jack. If the audio source uses a line remote, disconnect the remote and plug directly to the audio source.
Why did my headphones suddenly stop working?
Earphones/earbuds typically stop working due to wire strain, faulty wiring from the manufacturer, moisture damage, or damage to the drivers that produce the sound. These occurrences may cause shorts in the electrical flow of audio or complete disconnection between the drivers and the audio source.
Why are my wired headphones connected but no sound?
Make sure that the headphone plug is properly connected to the device. NOTE: It is possible that the headphone plug has not been inserted properly due to some rigidness of the headphone jack on the device used (music player, smartphone, tablet, etc.). Make sure the plug is completely inserted into the device.
How do I get my computer to play sound through headphones and speakers?
Adjust your Windows settings
- Connect your headphones and speakers to your PC.
- Right-click on the volume icon in the taskbar and click Sounds.
- Under the Playback tab, right-click Speakers and choose “Set as Default Device”.
- Under the Recording tab, right-click Stereo Mix and click Properties.
How can I use headphones mic and speaker on PC?
To do this, we run through similar steps carried out for the headphones.
- Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar.
- Select Open sound settings.
- Choose Sound control panel on the right.
- Select the Recording tab.
- Choose the microphone.
- Hit Set as default.
- Open the Properties window.
- Select the Levels tab.
How do you fix your earphones when there is no sound?
Ruling Out Phone or PC Settings
- Try another pair of earphones. The first step is to get a pair of perfectly working earphones and connect them to your device.
- Restart the device. Another simple fix you may want to try is restarting your device.
- Check the settings.
- Clean the headphone jack.
Why are my earphones not working when I plug them in?
Make sure that the drivers for your audio card are properly installed. Also, and I know this sounds stupid, but make sure that your headphones are properly plugged in to the headphone jack, not the mic etc. If that still won’t work, check the bios to make sure that your audio card is properly initialized.
Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in my phone?
It’s possible that you have paired your phone with a wireless device that has turned off your headphones. First, you can check to see if this is the problem by turning off Bluetooth. If they’re still not working, there is another thing to check with Bluetooth. Your second option is to go to Settings, then Connections.