Right-click on the sound icon on the lower-right of your computer screen, then click Sounds. Click the Playback tab, unplug and then re-plug your headphone into the headphone jack to make sure Headphones (or Speakers/Headphones, same as below) is checked, then click OK.
- 1 Why can’t I hear sound when my headphones are plugged in?
- 2 How do I get my audio to switch to headphones automatically?
- 3 Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in Windows 10?
- 4 Why is there no sound coming out of my earbuds?
- 5 Why is my headset audio not working?
- 6 How do I switch my headphones to sound?
- 7 How do I change my headphone settings?
- 8 How do you switch left and right headphones?
- 9 Why doesn’t my headphones work when I plug in my computer?
- 10 Why does my PC not recognize my headphones?
- 11 How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my headphones?
- 12 How do I fix my earphones when my headphones are silent?
- 13 How do you fix your earphones when there is no sound?
- 14 How do I get my headphones to work again?
Why can’t I hear sound when my headphones are plugged in?
Make sure your audio source is on and the volume is up. If your headphones have a volume button or knob, make sure to turn it up. If you have battery-powered headphones, make sure there is enough charge. Make sure the headphone jack is firmly plugged into the correct audio jack.
How do I get my audio to switch to headphones automatically?
How to swap between headphones and speakers
- Click the small speaker icon next to the clock on your Windows taskbar.
- Select the small up arrow to the right of your current audio output device.
- Select your output of choice from the list that appears.
Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in Windows 10?
Make Sure Headphones Are Set as Enabled and Set as Default Device. In the Sound Settings window, click “Manage sound devices” and see whether your “headset” or “headphones” are under the “Disabled” list. If they are, click them and click “Enable.”
Why is there no sound coming out of my earbuds?
Enable media audio If you’re getting no sound out of your Bluetooth headphones, make sure that the Media Audio setting is turned on. Select your Bluetooth headphones from the list. Check Paired Devices in Android. On the next screen, make sure that Media Audio is turned ON.
Why is my headset audio not working?
Double-check the Connection. Your headset or speakers must be plugged into the headphone jack or audio-out jack in order to work. If not labeled as such, the audio-out jack is usually green. If the headset or speakers set has its own volume control, ensure that the device is set to an audible level.
How do I switch my headphones to sound?
Go to the Start Menu, point to Settings and click on Control Panel. Double-click the icon labeled Multimedia. Select the “Audio” tab. From here you can select the preferred device for “Sound Playback” and or “Sound Recording”.
How do I change my headphone settings?
You’ll find these audio settings in a similar place on Android. On Android 4.4 KitKat and newer, go to Settings and on the Device tab, tap Accessibility. Under the Hearing header, tap Sound balance to adjust the left/right volume balance. Below that setting is a box you can tap to check to enable Mono audio.
How do you switch left and right headphones?
In the Settings app, scroll down and tap Accessibility. Scroll down to the Audio and On-Screen Text section. Move the slider for Audio balance to the left or right to add more volume to the left or right ear.
Why doesn’t my headphones work when I plug in my computer?
Preliminary Checks. If you’re using wired headphones, check your audio jack. Look for the audio output port on the side or back of your computer, often with the headphones or speaker icon, and ensure your headphone jack is properly plugged in. If so, turn it off, plug in your headphones and see if they work again.
Why does my PC not recognize my headphones?
Make sure your headphones are properly connected to your laptop. Right-click the volume icon on the bottom left of your screen, and select Sounds. Click the Playback tab. If your headphones don’t show up as a listed device, right-click on the empty area and make sure Show Disabled Devices has a check mark on it.
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my headphones?
Follow these steps to check this:
- Right click on the volume icon and select “Playback devices”.
- Now, right click on empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
- Select “headphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the headphone is enabled & set as default.
How do I fix my earphones when my headphones are silent?
Simple Fix To One Headphone not working Right/Left
- Jack not inserted properly.
- Check your sound balance in device settings.
- Mono sound setting.
- Dirty Earbuds.
- Inspect the wires for damage.
- Problem with the device headphone slot.
- Check for signs of water damage.
- Re-pairing wireless headphones.
How do you fix your earphones when there is no sound?
Ruling Out Phone or PC Settings
- Try another pair of earphones. The first step is to get a pair of perfectly working earphones and connect them to your device.
- Restart the device. Another simple fix you may want to try is restarting your device.
- Check the settings.
- Clean the headphone jack.
How do I get my headphones to work again?
If a single earbud only cuts out occasionally, try twisting and taping the cord until sound comes through it again. If twisting the cord doesn’t work, you may need to open the earbud and solder the connection if you’re able to. In some cases, you may need to buy new earbuds.