If you’re using wired headphones, check your audio jack. Look for the audio output port on the side or back of your computer, often with the headphones or speaker icon, and ensure your headphone jack is properly plugged in. If so, turn it off, plug in your headphones and see if they work again.
- 1 How do I get my headphones to work on my new computer?
- 2 Why is there no sound coming through my headphones?
- 3 Why can’t I hear through my headphones on my PC Windows 10?
- 4 Why can’t I hear through my headphones on my laptop?
- 5 Why is my PC not detecting my headset mic?
- 6 Why can’t I hear anything on my PC?
- 7 How do I get my sound to play through my headphones instead of speakers?
- 8 How do I fix the sound on my headphones Windows 10?
How do I get my headphones to work on my new computer?
Set your headphone as the default playback device
- Right-click on the Start button.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Look for the Playback tab, and then under it, right-click the window and select Show Disabled Devices.
- Headphones are listed there, so right-click on your headphone deice and select Enable.
- Click Set as Default.
Why is there no sound coming through my headphones?
Make sure your audio source is on and the volume is up. If your headphones have a volume button or knob, make sure to turn it up. If you have battery-powered headphones, make sure there is enough charge. Make sure the headphone jack is firmly plugged into the correct audio jack.
Why can’t I hear through my headphones on my PC Windows 10?
Make Sure Headphones Are Set as Enabled and Set as Default Device. In the Sound Settings window, click “Manage sound devices” and see whether your “headset” or “headphones” are under the “Disabled” list. If they are, click them and click “Enable.”
Why can’t I hear through my headphones on my laptop?
Right-click on the sound icon on the lower-right of your computer screen, then click Sounds. Click the Playback tab, unplug and then re-plug your headphone into the headphone jack to make sure Headphones (or Speakers/Headphones, same as below) is checked, then click OK.
Why is my PC not detecting my headset mic?
Your headset mic may be disabled or not set as the default device on your computer. Or the microphone volume is so low that it can’t record your sound clearly. Right click the Headset Microphone and click Enable. Right-click it again and select Set as Default Device.
Why can’t I hear anything on my PC?
Open the system menu and make sure that the sound is not muted or turned down. Some laptops have mute switches or keys on their keyboards — try pressing that key to see if it unmutes the sound. Click on Sound to open the panel. Under Volume Levels, check that your application is not muted.
How do I get my sound to play through my headphones instead of speakers?
How to swap between headphones and speakers
- Click the small speaker icon next to the clock on your Windows taskbar.
- Select the small up arrow to the right of your current audio output device.
- Select your output of choice from the list that appears.
How do I fix the sound on my headphones Windows 10?
If this doesn’t help, continue to the next tip.
- Run the audio troubleshooter.
- Verify that all Windows Updates are installed.
- Check your cables, plugs, jacks, volume, speaker, and headphone connections.
- Check sound settings.
- Fix your audio drivers.
- Set your audio device as the default device.
- Turn off audio enhancements.