So, why are the speakers still playing when you plug in your headphones? It could be your computer setting, a recent update, or a driver update. First, restart your computer; if that doesn’t fix the problem, try updating your settings, audio drivers, or changing your default sound device, among other solutions.
- 1 When I connect headphones to laptop the speakers still play?
- 2 How do you turn off laptop speakers when headphones are connected?
- 3 How do I get my sound to play through my headphones instead of speakers?
- 4 Why is there no sound when I plug in headphones?
- 5 Why is my laptop not recognizing my headphones?
- 6 How do I turn my laptop speakers off?
- 7 How do I turn off speakers on Windows 10?
- 8 Why is sound coming from computer and not speakers?
- 9 Why can I only hear out of one headphone on my computer?
- 10 How do I get sound through my headphones on my laptop?
When I connect headphones to laptop the speakers still play?
If you have multiple audio output devices connected to your Windows 10 PC, your device might stream the sound in the wrong output even after you plug in your headphones. To prevent this from happening, set your headphones as your PC’s default audio device. Right-click on it and select ‘Sounds’.
How do you turn off laptop speakers when headphones are connected?
Remove the headphones. Right click the sound icon bottom right and select playback devices. Speakers won’t turn off when headphones are plugged in
- Go into Control Panel, then Sound.
- Look for the Recording tab.
- Select your microphone/headset as the default device, and press OK.
How do I get my sound to play through my headphones instead of speakers?
How to swap between headphones and speakers
- Click the small speaker icon next to the clock on your Windows taskbar.
- Select the small up arrow to the right of your current audio output device.
- Select your output of choice from the list that appears.
Why is there no sound when I plug in headphones?
Make sure your audio source is on and the volume is up. Make sure the headphone jack is firmly plugged into the correct audio jack. If the audio source uses a line remote, disconnect the remote and plug directly to the audio source. If you can hear the sound from your headphones, the line remote may require repair.
Why is my laptop not recognizing my headphones?
Make sure your headphones are properly connected to your laptop. Right-click the volume icon on the bottom left of your screen, and select Sounds. Click the Playback tab. If your headphones don’t show up as a listed device, right-click on the empty area and make sure Show Disabled Devices has a check mark on it.
How do I turn my laptop speakers off?
You can mute the sound in Windows through the notification area.
- Look in the Windows notification area for the sound icon.
- Click the sound icon to display the volume.
- Click the Mute Speakers or Toggle mute icon to mute the sound.
How do I turn off speakers on Windows 10?
To disable the speakers and microphone using the Settings app on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Sound.
- Click the Manage sound devices link.
- Under “Output devices,” select the speakers.
- Click the Disable button.
- Under “Input devices,” select the microphone.
- Click the Disable button.
Why is sound coming from computer and not speakers?
Reboot your computer. Verify via the speaker icon in the taskbar that the audio is not muted and is turned up. Ensure that the computer isn’t muted via hardware, such as a dedicated mute button on you laptop or keyboard. For desktop systems with speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack, try a USB speaker or USB headphones.
Why can I only hear out of one headphone on my computer?
Headsets may play only in one ear depending on your audio settings. So check your audio properties and make sure that the mono option is turned off. In addition, make sure that voice levels are balanced on both earbuds. The voice levels must be equal on both sides of your headset.
How do I get sound through my headphones on my laptop?
If you use your laptop to make or receive phone calls, check out the Communications tab of the Sound dialog box. Here you can make a setting to have Windows automatically adjust sounds to minimize background noise.