Connect your Mac with a Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, trackpad, headset, or other audio device.
- Make sure the device is turned on and discoverable (see the device’s documentation for details).
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
- Select the device in the list, then click Connect.
- 1 Why won’t my Bluetooth headphones connect to my Mac?
- 2 Why won’t my computer connect to my Bluetooth headphones?
- 3 How do I get my Mac to recognize my headphones?
- 4 Why is my Mac not finding Bluetooth devices?
- 5 How do I make my Bluetooth headphones discoverable?
- 6 Why is my laptop not recognizing my headphones?
- 7 How do I connect my Bluetooth headphones to my computer?
- 8 How do I connect my wireless headphones to my Mac?
- 9 Why wont my headphones work on my Mac?
- 10 How do I use headphones on my MacBook Pro?
- 11 How do I pair my earbuds to my Macbook?
- 12 How do I connect my Bose Bluetooth headphones to my Mac?
Why won’t my Bluetooth headphones connect to my Mac?
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth. Check to see if your headset is in the list of devices. If your headset isn’t in the list, try connecting with it again. Make sure your headset is charged or has fresh batteries.
Why won’t my computer connect to my Bluetooth headphones?
Make sure Airplane mode is turned off. Turn Bluetooth on and off: Select Start, then select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices. Turn off Bluetooth, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on. To learn more about pairing your Bluetooth device again, see Connect a Bluetooth device.
How do I get my Mac to recognize my headphones?
Ensure your headphones are fully charged or have fresh batteries and switch them into discoverable mode, then:
- Select the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Bluetooth.
- To turn Bluetooth on, press the Turn Bluetooth On button.
- Wait for your headphones to appear in the list on the right-hand side, then press Connect.
Why is my Mac not finding Bluetooth devices?
If you don’t have a Bluetooth icon in the menu bar, head to System Preferences > Bluetooth and check Show Bluetooth in menu bar. Now, press Shift + Option and click on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar. In the menu that appears, select Debug > Reset the Bluetooth module. You can now try re-pairing your devices.
How do I make my Bluetooth headphones discoverable?
Turn on the connecting Bluetooth device and place it within 3 feet (1 meter) of this unit. /POWER button (for the headphones) for more than 7 seconds while the Bluetooth headphones are turned off. When the indicator starts to blink quickly, release the button. The Bluetooth headphones enter Pairing mode.
Why is my laptop not recognizing my headphones?
Make sure your headphones are properly connected to your laptop. Right-click the volume icon on the bottom left of your screen, and select Sounds. Click the Playback tab. If your headphones don’t show up as a listed device, right-click on the empty area and make sure Show Disabled Devices has a check mark on it.
How do I connect my Bluetooth headphones to my computer?
To pair a Bluetooth headset, speaker, or other audio device On your PC, select Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth. Choose the device and follow additional instructions if they appear, then select Done.
How do I connect my wireless headphones to my Mac?
How to pair wireless headphones to Mac
- On your Mac, click on the Apple menu and launch System Preferences.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth menu and Turn Bluetooth On.
- Make sure your headphones are charged and currently in discoverable mode.
- Your Bluetooth headphones should now appear in the list.
Why wont my headphones work on my Mac?
Unplug any headphones or external speakers from your Mac. Make sure the cables from the display are connected to the ports on your Mac. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sound, then click Output. Make sure Display Audio is selected in the output device list.
How do I use headphones on my MacBook Pro?
To connect a headset that contains a 3.5 mm connector to your Apple MacBook or MacBook Pro, locate the “Audio line out” minijack on the side of your computer and plug the headset’s connector into the jack. Your Mac will automatically detect the headset and make it available to applications.
How do I pair my earbuds to my Macbook?
If you have an Android device, go to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth. With your AirPods in the charging case, open the lid. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash white. When your AirPods appear in the list of Bluetooth devices, select them.
How do I connect my Bose Bluetooth headphones to my Mac?
How to Pair Bose Headphones to Macs
- Open System Preferences > Sound.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Ensure Bluetooth is on.
- Long-press the power button on your Bose headphones to enter pairing mode.
- Look for your headphones at the bottom portion of the Devices box and select Connect next to your device.