Set your headphone as the default playback device
- Right-click on the Start button.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Look for the Playback tab, and then under it, right-click the window and select Show Disabled Devices.
- Headphones are listed there, so right-click on your headphone deice and select Enable.
- Click Set as Default.
- 1 Why isn’t my computer detecting my headphones?
- 2 How come when I plug my headphones in nothing happens?
- 3 How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my headphones?
- 4 Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in Windows 10?
- 5 Why are my headphones not working on my Windows laptop?
- 6 How do I fix my headphones not showing up?
Why isn’t my computer detecting my headphones?
Make sure your headphones are properly connected to your laptop. Right-click the volume icon on the bottom left of your screen, and select Sounds. Click the Playback tab. If your headphones don’t show up as a listed device, right-click on the empty area and make sure Show Disabled Devices has a check mark on it.
How come when I plug my headphones in nothing happens?
Here’s how: Right-click on the sound icon on the lower-right of your computer screen, then click Sounds. Click the Playback tab, unplug and then re-plug your headphone into the headphone jack to make sure Headphones (or Speakers/Headphones, same as below) is checked, then click OK.
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my headphones?
Follow these steps to check this:
- Right click on the volume icon and select “Playback devices”.
- Now, right click on empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
- Select “headphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the headphone is enabled & set as default.
Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in Windows 10?
Make Sure Headphones Are Set as Enabled and Set as Default Device. In the Sound Settings window, click “Manage sound devices” and see whether your “headset” or “headphones” are under the “Disabled” list. If they are, click them and click “Enable.”
Why are my headphones not working on my Windows laptop?
Check the sound playback devices. Right-click the speaker/sound icon in the lower-right corner of the desktop, and select Sounds > Playback to see if your headphones are listed. If it doesn’t have a green check mark next to it, Windows 10 may not detect it, and you may need to install new drivers.
How do I fix my headphones not showing up?
How to Fix Headphones Not Showing Up In Windows 10: Software Issues
- Right-click the sound icon at the bottom right part of the screen, then select Open sound settings.
- Go to Manage sound devices.
- Check the devices under Disabled.
- If you see your headphones there, click on your headphones’ name, then click on Enable.