- Turn on the Bluetooth of your phone or other Bluetooth devices.
- Turn on the headphones when they are in shutdown state and the headphones enter pairing mode (indicator flashes red and blue alternately).
- In the list of found Bluetooth devices in your phone or other Bluetooth devices, choose “U8L” to pair.
- 1 How do you put wireless headphones in pairing mode?
- 2 How do I pair my Letscom wireless headphones?
- 3 Why is Bluetooth not finding devices?
- 4 Why are my Bluetooth headphones not showing up?
- 5 How do I pair my T12 Letsfit?
- 6 What is a MFB button?
- 7 Why are my wireless headphones flashing red and blue?
- 8 How do you pair a Bluetooth headset?
- 9 How do I connect my wireless headphones to my phone?
- 10 How do you make a Bluetooth device discoverable?
- 11 Why won’t my Bluetooth headphones connect to my Samsung?
How do you put wireless headphones in pairing mode?
Turn on the connecting Bluetooth device and place it within 3 feet (1 meter) of this unit. /POWER button (for the headphones) for more than 7 seconds while the Bluetooth headphones are turned off. When the indicator starts to blink quickly, release the button. The Bluetooth headphones enter Pairing mode.
How do I pair my Letscom wireless headphones?
Press and hold the MFB button on the earbud until the indicator flashes red and blue alternately and earbud enters pairing mode. Notes:
- The earbuds will directly enter pairing mode the first time you turn them on.
- The earbuds will connect to the last paired Bluetooth device automatically when they are turned on.
Why is Bluetooth not finding devices?
For Android phones, go to Settings > System > Advanced> Reset Options > Reset Wi-fi, mobile & Bluetooth. For iOS and iPadOS device, you’ll have to unpair all of your devices (go to Setting > Bluetooth, select the info icon and and choose Forget This Device for each device) then restart your phone or tablet.
Why are my Bluetooth headphones not showing up?
If your Bluetooth devices won’t connect, it’s likely because the devices are out of range, or aren’t in pairing mode. If you’re having persistent Bluetooth connection problems, try resetting your devices, or having your phone or tablet “forget” the connection.
How do I pair my T12 Letsfit?
A: Open the charging case, the earbuds auto power on and get ready to pair, then go to your audio device’s Bluetooth menu and select T12 to pair.
3. Multi-Function Button (MFB) Pressing the MFB button turns the headphones “On”, initiates pairing, answers/ends phone calls, controls Play/Pause function and turns the headphones “Off’.
Why are my wireless headphones flashing red and blue?
But in general, if your headphones are flashing red and blue, it means they are unpaired from your device. This means your headphones are looking for another Bluetooth device to connect with. Sometimes, headphones in pairing mode are trying but failing to connect with another device.
How do you pair a Bluetooth headset?
How to pair Bluetooth headphones with your phone
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap Connected devices.
- Tap Pair new device.
- Make sure your headphones are in pairing mode (see the owner manual on how to do this).
- Tap the headphones under the list of available devices.
How do I connect my wireless headphones to my phone?
Tap the headphones listed. On an Android device, pull down the shade from the top of the phone and long-press the Bluetooth icon. It’ll bring you right to the Bluetooth menu where you can turn it on and then search for devices. Tap the name of the headphones you’re trying to pair.
How do you make a Bluetooth device discoverable?
Pair your device with a Bluetooth accessory
- On your device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn on Bluetooth.
- Place your accessory in discovery mode and wait for it to appear on your device.
- To pair, tap your accessory name when it appears onscreen.
Why won’t my Bluetooth headphones connect to my Samsung?
Clear the Bluetooth cache and data. If the Bluetooth is not connecting android properly, you might have to clear the stored app data and cache for the Bluetooth app. You can now clear both the storage and cache data from the menu. After that, reconnect with your Bluetooth device to see if it works.