Ensure you’ve plugged your speaker into the correct speaker jack. So make sure it’s the correct headphone jack to connect. Ensure your speaker jack works correctly. If something causes your headphone jack to malfunction, your speaker won’t be detected and you can’t hear any sound from your computer.
- 1 Why is there no sound when I plug in headphones?
- 2 Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in Windows 10?
- 3 How do you fix your earphones when there is no sound?
- 4 How do I fix my headphones without sound?
- 5 Why does my PC not recognize my headphones?
- 6 Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in my laptop?
- 7 How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my headphones?
- 8 What to do when your headphones are not working?
Why is there no sound when I plug in headphones?
Make sure your audio source is on and the volume is up. Make sure the headphone jack is firmly plugged into the correct audio jack. If the audio source uses a line remote, disconnect the remote and plug directly to the audio source. If you can hear the sound from your headphones, the line remote may require repair.
Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in Windows 10?
Make Sure Headphones Are Set as Enabled and Set as Default Device. In the Sound Settings window, click “Manage sound devices” and see whether your “headset” or “headphones” are under the “Disabled” list. If they are, click them and click “Enable.”
How do you fix your earphones when there is no sound?
Ruling Out Phone or PC Settings
- Try another pair of earphones. The first step is to get a pair of perfectly working earphones and connect them to your device.
- Restart the device. Another simple fix you may want to try is restarting your device.
- Check the settings.
- Clean the headphone jack.
How do I fix my headphones without sound?
This can be fixed in four easy steps.
- Step 1: Identify the Problem Areas. When using the earphones, listen to see which side cuts out.
- Step 2: Twist the Cord Until You Hear Sound from Both Sides.
- Step 3: Secure the Cord.
- Step 4: Consider Replacing the Earphones.
Why does my PC not recognize my headphones?
Make sure your headphones are properly connected to your laptop. Right-click the volume icon on the bottom left of your screen, and select Sounds. Click the Playback tab. If your headphones don’t show up as a listed device, right-click on the empty area and make sure Show Disabled Devices has a check mark on it.
Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in my laptop?
If a pair of headphones won’t work with your laptop computer, this means that the headphone jack itself has become disabled. If you want to get your headphones working again, you will have to manually enable the headphone jack on your computer using the “Sound” native configuration utility.
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my headphones?
Follow these steps to check this:
- Right click on the volume icon and select “Playback devices”.
- Now, right click on empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
- Select “headphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the headphone is enabled & set as default.
What to do when your headphones are not working?
Check your headphone cable, connector, remote, and earbuds for damage, like wear or breakage. Look for debris on the meshes in each earbud. To remove debris, gently brush all openings with a small, soft-bristled brush that’s clean and dry. Firmly plug your headphones back in.