How to Fix Headphone Issues in Windows 10
- Check the audio jack.
- Check the external speakers.
- Check the headphones.
- Check the volume controls.
- Unmute the headphones.
- Set the output device.
- Set the individual app volume.
- Check the sound playback devices.
- 1 Why are my headphones not working on Windows 10?
- 2 How do I enable headphones on Windows 10?
- 3 Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in?
- 4 Why won’t my PC detect my headphones?
- 5 Why did my headphones suddenly stop working?
- 6 How do I fix my headphones not working?
- 7 Why earphone is not working on laptop?
- 8 Why my earphones are not working?
- 9 How do I fix Windows not detecting my headphones?
- 10 How do I get my headset to work on my PC?
Why are my headphones not working on Windows 10?
Make Sure Headphones Are Set as Enabled and Set as Default Device. In the Sound Settings window, click “Manage sound devices” and see whether your “headset” or “headphones” are under the “Disabled” list. If they are, click them and click “Enable.”
How do I enable headphones on Windows 10?
Open Control Panel and click on Sound. Under Playback, right-click and select Show Disabled devices. From the list of headphones, right-click on your headphone device name. Select Enable.
Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in?
Dust, lint and dirt may block the connection between the jack and the headphones. Check for this and clean the jack using a cotton swab damped with some rubbing alcohol to get the lint and dust out, or use a can of compressed air if you have one close by. Plug the headphones back in and see if they work.
Why won’t my PC detect my headphones?
Make sure your headphones are properly connected to your laptop. Right-click the volume icon on the bottom left of your screen, and select Sounds. Click the Playback tab. If your headphones don’t show up as a listed device, right-click on the empty area and make sure Show Disabled Devices has a check mark on it.
Why did my headphones suddenly stop working?
Earphones/earbuds typically stop working due to wire strain, faulty wiring from the manufacturer, moisture damage, or damage to the drivers that produce the sound. These occurrences may cause shorts in the electrical flow of audio or complete disconnection between the drivers and the audio source.
How do I fix my headphones not working?
Ruling Out Phone or PC Settings
- Try another pair of earphones. The first step is to get a pair of perfectly working earphones and connect them to your device.
- Restart the device. Another simple fix you may want to try is restarting your device.
- Check the settings.
- Clean the headphone jack.
Why earphone is not working on laptop?
Right-click on the sound icon on the lower-right of your computer screen, then click Sounds. Click the Playback tab, unplug and then re-plug your headphone into the headphone jack to make sure Headphones (or Speakers/Headphones, same as below) is checked, then click OK.
Why my earphones are not working?
Check your headphone cable, connector, remote, and earbuds for damage, like wear or breakage. Look for debris on the meshes in each earbud. To remove debris, gently brush all openings with a small, soft-bristled brush that’s clean and dry. Firmly plug your headphones back in.
How do I fix Windows not detecting my headphones?
Set your headphone as the default playback device
- Right-click on the Start button.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Look for the Playback tab, and then under it, right-click the window and select Show Disabled Devices.
- Headphones are listed there, so right-click on your headphone deice and select Enable.
- Click Set as Default.
How do I get my headset to work on my PC?
Computer Headsets: How to Set the Headset as the Default Audio Device
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound in Windows Vista or Sound in Windows 7.
- Under the Sound tab, click Manage Audio Devices.
- On the Playback tab, click your headset, and then click the Set Default button.