Check if your headphones are connected to or paired with a different device via Bluetooth. If so, turn it off, plug in your headphones and see if they work again. Clean your computer’s headphone jack. Dust, lint and dirt may block the connection between the jack and the headphones.
- 1 Why is my computer not reading my headphones?
- 2 How do I get my headphones to work on my PC?
- 3 Why doesn’t my earphones work when I plug it in?
- 4 Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in Windows 10?
- 5 How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my headphones?
- 6 How do I fix Windows not detecting my headphones?
- 7 How do I fix my headphones on Windows 10?
Why is my computer not reading my headphones?
Make sure your headphones are properly connected to your laptop. Right-click the volume icon on the bottom left of your screen, and select Sounds. Click the Playback tab. If your headphones don’t show up as a listed device, right-click on the empty area and make sure Show Disabled Devices has a check mark on it.
How do I get my headphones to work on my PC?
To do this:
- Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar, and select “Open Sound Settings”. It will open a new window. Going to Sound Settings.
- Under “Output”, you’ll see a dropdown with the heading “Choose your output device”. Sound Output Settings.
- Choose the connected headset. Setting the headset as Output Device.
Why doesn’t my earphones work when I plug it in?
Make sure that the drivers for your audio card are properly installed. Also, and I know this sounds stupid, but make sure that your headphones are properly plugged in to the headphone jack, not the mic etc. If that still won’t work, check the bios to make sure that your audio card is properly initialized.
Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in Windows 10?
Make Sure Headphones Are Set as Enabled and Set as Default Device. In the Sound Settings window, click “Manage sound devices” and see whether your “headset” or “headphones” are under the “Disabled” list. If they are, click them and click “Enable.”
How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my headphones?
Follow these steps to check this:
- Right click on the volume icon and select “Playback devices”.
- Now, right click on empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
- Select “headphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the headphone is enabled & set as default.
How do I fix Windows not detecting my headphones?
Set your headphone as the default playback device
- Right-click on the Start button.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Look for the Playback tab, and then under it, right-click the window and select Show Disabled Devices.
- Headphones are listed there, so right-click on your headphone deice and select Enable.
- Click Set as Default.
How do I fix my headphones on Windows 10?
How to Fix Headphone Issues in Windows 10
- Check the audio jack.
- Check the external speakers.
- Check the headphones.
- Check the volume controls.
- Unmute the headphones.
- Set the output device.
- Set the individual app volume.
- Check the sound playback devices.