Right click the speaker on the taskbar, click on Playback device, right click on Speaker, click in Disable. When finished with headphones do again except Enable rather than Disable. If this answers your question – Then mark it so.
- 1 How do you stop sound coming from speakers when headphones are plugged in?
- 2 Why does my speakers still work when I plug in headphones Windows 10?
- 3 How do I stop headphones and speakers playing at the same time Android?
- 4 Why when I put in my headphones the speakers still play?
- 5 Why is there no sound when I plug in headphones?
- 6 How do I make sound come through both speakers and headphones Windows 10?
- 7 Why is sound coming from computer and not speakers?
- 8 Why does my phone only play music through one headphone?
- 9 Why can I only hear music in one earphone?
- 10 Why do both speakers and headphones sound?
How do you stop sound coming from speakers when headphones are plugged in?
Fix 2: Set your headphones as default audio device
- Right-click the Volume Control icon on the taskbar, and select Sounds.
- Click the Playback tab.
- Make sure the Headphones are set as the default device. If not, right-click Headphones and Set as default device.
- Click the OK button.
Why does my speakers still work when I plug in headphones Windows 10?
If you have multiple audio output devices connected to your Windows 10 PC, your device might stream the sound in the wrong output even after you plug in your headphones. Click on the ‘Playback’ tab and select your headphones from the list of devices. Right-click on it and tap on ‘Set as default device’.
How do I stop headphones and speakers playing at the same time Android?
Right-click on Stereo Mix and click on Properties. Then, go to the Listen tab, uncheck the ‘Listen to this device’ option, click apply and hit okay.
Why when I put in my headphones the speakers still play?
So, why are the speakers still playing when you plug in your headphones? It could be your computer setting, a recent update, or a driver update. First, restart your computer; if that doesn’t fix the problem, try updating your settings, audio drivers, or changing your default sound device, among other solutions.
Why is there no sound when I plug in headphones?
Make sure your audio source is on and the volume is up. Make sure the headphone jack is firmly plugged into the correct audio jack. If the audio source uses a line remote, disconnect the remote and plug directly to the audio source. If you can hear the sound from your headphones, the line remote may require repair.
How do I make sound come through both speakers and headphones Windows 10?
This is also pretty easy to do in Windows 10:
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the notification tray, then select Sounds.
- Select the recording tab.
- Look for Stereo Mix, right-click on it and select Enable if it isn’t already.
- Right-click on Stereo Mix again and select properties.
- Select the Listen tab.
Why is sound coming from computer and not speakers?
Reboot your computer. Verify via the speaker icon in the taskbar that the audio is not muted and is turned up. Ensure that the computer isn’t muted via hardware, such as a dedicated mute button on you laptop or keyboard. For desktop systems with speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack, try a USB speaker or USB headphones.
Why does my phone only play music through one headphone?
The solution is turning on mono sound on your smartphone, which ports the entirety of your music to one speaker. For Android users, go to Settings, choose Accessibility, then scroll down and select Hearing and tap Mono Audio. Android users can also create a widget for Mono Audio to make it easier to toggle on and off.
Why can I only hear music in one earphone?
Headsets may play only in one ear depending on your audio settings. So check your audio properties and make sure that the mono option is turned off. In addition, make sure that voice levels are balanced on both earbuds. The voice levels must be equal on both sides of your headset.
Why do both speakers and headphones sound?
I had a similar problem and fixed it in the most random way:D. IF you go to control panel > hardware and sound > realtek HD Audio Manager (at the bottom) > Device advanced settings (top right) and it should be on “mute the internal device, when an external headphone plugged in”.