Computer Headsets: How to Set the Headset as the Default Audio Device
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Sounds and Audio Devices.
- Click the Audio tab.
- Under Sound Playback and Sound Recording, select your headset as the default device from the drop-down lists.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- 1 How do I make headphones default in Windows 10?
- 2 How do I change my default audio device?
- 3 How do I change the default output device in Windows 10?
- 4 How do I make headphones and speakers default Windows 10?
- 5 How do I set my default communication device?
- 6 How do I change audio output?
- 7 How do I manage audio devices in Windows 10?
- 8 How do I change the default music player in Windows 10?
- 9 How do I enable audio devices in Windows 10?
- 10 How do I use headphones and mic at the same time Windows 10?
- 11 How do I use both headphones and speakers on Windows 10?
How do I make headphones default in Windows 10?
Under the Sound tab, click Manage Audio Devices. On the Playback tab, click your headset, and then click the Set Default button. On the Recording tab, click your headset, and then click the Set Default button. Click OK to save your changes.
How do I change my default audio device?
- In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, then select it from the results.
- Select Hardware and Sound from the Control Panel, and then select Sound.
- On the Playback tab, right-click the listing for your audio device, select Set as Default Device, and then select OK.
How do I change the default output device in Windows 10?
To change Default Sound Output Device via Settings app in Windows 10, do the following:
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Tap or click System.
- Click Sound on the left pane.
- On the right pane, under Choose your output device section, click the drop-down and select the output device you want.
How do I make headphones and speakers default Windows 10?
How to swap between headphones and speakers
- Click the small speaker icon next to the clock on your Windows taskbar.
- Select the small up arrow to the right of your current audio output device.
- Select your output of choice from the list that appears.
How do I set my default communication device?
Setting Default Voice Chat Devices in Windows
- Press Windows+R.
- Type mmsys.cpl into the run prompt, then press Enter.
- Right click your speakers or headset and select Set as Default Device.
- Right click your speakers or headset and select Set as Default Communications Device.
- Click the Recording tab.
How do I change audio output?
Change Audio Output in Windows 10
- Click on the Sound icon at the bottom right of your screen.
- Click the arrow next to the Speaker option.
- You will see the options available for audio output. Click the one that you need based on what you are connected to. (
- Sound should start playing out of the correct device.
How do I manage audio devices in Windows 10?
Make sure your device is connected to your computer. Select Start (Windows logo Start button) > Settings (Gear-shaped Settings icon) > System > Sound. In Sound settings, go to Choose your output device, and then select the speakers or headphones you want to use.
How do I change the default music player in Windows 10?
How to change the default music player in Windows 10
- Open “Settings” and click on “System”
- Select “Default apps” from the left hand pane.
- Scroll down until you see “Music Player”
- Choose your alternative. You’ll see Groove Music is selected currently, and this is what you want to change.
How do I enable audio devices in Windows 10?
To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
- When Device Manager opens, locate your audio device and make sure that it’s enabled. If not, right-click the device and choose Enable from the menu.
How do I use headphones and mic at the same time Windows 10?
To do this, we run through similar steps carried out for the headphones.
- Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar.
- Select Open sound settings.
- Choose Sound control panel on the right.
- Select the Recording tab.
- Choose the microphone.
- Hit Set as default.
- Open the Properties window.
- Select the Levels tab.
How do I use both headphones and speakers on Windows 10?
This is also pretty easy to do in Windows 10:
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the notification tray, then select Sounds.
- Select the recording tab.
- Look for Stereo Mix, right-click on it and select Enable if it isn’t already.
- Right-click on Stereo Mix again and select properties.
- Select the Listen tab.