2 Method 2 of 2: Untangling the Cords
- Unplug your headphones from your device.
- Spread the cord out on a flat surface.
- Pull the loose end to loosen the closest knot.
- Pull the loose end of the cord through the tangled area.
- Repeat these steps until each of the knots is untangled.
How long does it take to untangle earphones?
The quick ones are estimated to take 4 seconds, while the longer ones take 20 seconds. This means that on a daily basis, we spend 32 seconds untangling headphones.
How do I make my headphones tangle for free?
For a super-easy solution, simply place your earbud cords in a prescription bottle, a travel-sized Q-tip container, or an empty Altoid tin. You can also wrap and secure your earbuds with a binder clip, or cut up an old credit card or expired gift card to make your own DIY earbud holder.
How do you untangle headphones quickly?
Travel Tips Video
- Hold the outside wire of the tangle and try to pull to loosen it. If this does not work, lever the tip of a pen underneath the edge of the knot.
- Pull the rest of the cord through the tangle. Usually, cords have knots because they loop back around themselves and the cord pulls tightly.
Why is my headphone cord twisting?
Headphone wires curling or twisting is caused by natural everyday use. Since headphone wires are flimsy and can’t exert enough strength to revert themselves to their original position, they collapse by twisting in on themselves to relieve the tension. As a result, you’re left with a tangled, twisted mess of wires.
What’s the meaning of Untangle?
transitive verb.: to loose from tangles or entanglement: straighten out untangle a knot untangle a mystery.
How do I keep my headphones from twisting?
11 Tips to Stop Headphone Wires from Twisting and Tangling
- Store your headphones in a case or a carry bag.
- Follow the ‘over-under’ cable coiling method.
- Follow the ‘8’ cable coiling method.
- Follow the double fold and knot method.
- Use a rubber band.
- Wrap your headphones around an object a long object like a pencil.
What is tangle-free?
Verbatim Tangle-Free Earphones feature a sleek, flat cable for reduced tangling. Included with each pair of earphones are 3 sets of interchangeable earbuds in small, medium and large for maximum listening comfort.