So, why are the speakers still playing when you plug in your headphones? It could be your computer setting, a recent update, or a driver update. First, restart your computer; if that doesn’t fix the problem, try updating your settings, audio drivers, or changing your default sound device, among other solutions.
- 1 How do you stop speakers when headphones are plugged in?
- 2 Why is sound coming out of my headphones and speakers?
- 3 Why is there no sound when I plug in headphones?
- 4 How do I play music through my speakers and game audio headphones?
- 5 Why is sound coming from computer and not speakers?
- 6 How do you fix headphones that have no sound in one ear?
How do you stop speakers when headphones are plugged in?
Right click the speaker on the taskbar, click on Playback device, right click on Speaker, click in Disable. When finished with headphones do again except Enable rather than Disable. If this answers your question – Then mark it so.
Why is sound coming out of my headphones and speakers?
Update the sound card driver When left malfunctioning or outdated, sound card drivers can cause PC audio troubles. If after setting your headphones as your default audio device, your “headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers” issue still persists, try updating your PC’s sound card driver.
Why is there no sound when I plug in headphones?
Make sure your audio source is on and the volume is up. Make sure the headphone jack is firmly plugged into the correct audio jack. If the audio source uses a line remote, disconnect the remote and plug directly to the audio source. If you can hear the sound from your headphones, the line remote may require repair.
How do I play music through my speakers and game audio headphones?
Playing Sound on Headphones And Speakers Using Software Settings
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the notification tray, then select Sounds.
- Select the recording tab.
- Look for Stereo Mix, right-click on it and select Enable if it isn’t already.
- Right-click on Stereo Mix again and select properties.
- Select the Listen tab.
Why is sound coming from computer and not speakers?
Reboot your computer. Verify via the speaker icon in the taskbar that the audio is not muted and is turned up. Ensure that the computer isn’t muted via hardware, such as a dedicated mute button on you laptop or keyboard. For desktop systems with speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack, try a USB speaker or USB headphones.
How do you fix headphones that have no sound in one ear?
Ruling Out Phone or PC Settings
- Try another pair of earphones. The first step is to get a pair of perfectly working earphones and connect them to your device.
- Restart the device. Another simple fix you may want to try is restarting your device.
- Check the settings.
- Clean the headphone jack.