Here’s how: Right-click on the sound icon on the lower-right of your computer screen, then click Sounds. Click the Playback tab, unplug and then re-plug your headphone into the headphone jack to make sure Headphones (or Speakers/Headphones, same as below) is checked, then click OK.
- 1 Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in?
- 2 How do I enable headphones on my laptop?
- 3 Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in Windows 10?
- 4 Why won’t my headphones work on my HP laptop?
- 5 Why can I only hear out of one headphone on my computer?
- 6 Why is my PC not detecting my headset mic?
- 7 Why did my headphones suddenly stop working?
- 8 How do I enable headphones on Windows 10?
- 9 How do I enable headphones on my HP laptop?
Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in?
Dust, lint and dirt may block the connection between the jack and the headphones. Check for this and clean the jack using a cotton swab damped with some rubbing alcohol to get the lint and dust out, or use a can of compressed air if you have one close by. Plug the headphones back in and see if they work.
How do I enable headphones on my laptop?
Set your headphone as the default playback device
- Right-click on the Start button.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Look for the Playback tab, and then under it, right-click the window and select Show Disabled Devices.
- Headphones are listed there, so right-click on your headphone deice and select Enable.
- Click Set as Default.
Why are my headphones not working when I plug them in Windows 10?
Make Sure Headphones Are Set as Enabled and Set as Default Device. In the Sound Settings window, click “Manage sound devices” and see whether your “headset” or “headphones” are under the “Disabled” list. If they are, click them and click “Enable.”
Why won’t my headphones work on my HP laptop?
If the computer still does not recognize the device, try plugging the USB connector into a different port on the computer. Most importantly, make sure the jack connector type you are using is compatible with your computer. Two types of headphone connectors are available on HP computers.
Why can I only hear out of one headphone on my computer?
Headsets may play only in one ear depending on your audio settings. So check your audio properties and make sure that the mono option is turned off. In addition, make sure that voice levels are balanced on both earbuds. The voice levels must be equal on both sides of your headset.
Why is my PC not detecting my headset mic?
Your headset mic may be disabled or not set as the default device on your computer. Or the microphone volume is so low that it can’t record your sound clearly. Right click the Headset Microphone and click Enable. Right-click it again and select Set as Default Device.
Why did my headphones suddenly stop working?
Earphones/earbuds typically stop working due to wire strain, faulty wiring from the manufacturer, moisture damage, or damage to the drivers that produce the sound. These occurrences may cause shorts in the electrical flow of audio or complete disconnection between the drivers and the audio source.
How do I enable headphones on Windows 10?
Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar. Select Open sound settings. Choose Sound control panel on the right. Select the headphones (should have a green tick).
How do I enable headphones on my HP laptop?
Setting Speakers and Headphones in the Sound properties
- Click Start, then click Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Sound.
- Click Speakers and Headphones.
- Click Set Default and then click OK.