If you’ve been wondering how wireless headphones work with your television, then this article is just for you.
How Do Wireless Headphones Work With TV?
Wireless headphones are appropriate for any circumstances in which you do not want to deal with hanging wires, e.g., at the gym or while cleaning the house. Furthermore, most wireless headphones and hands-free headsets are also used for making and receiving calls on a mobile phone.
In the past, wireless stereo wasn’t all that great, but things have changed with the newer types of wireless headphones on the market today. Numerous headphone and earphone retailers have improved their designs and as a result, signal strength is better than ever. Nowadays, the latest wireless models sound pretty good.
Now, let’s see how these amazing devices work with your television set.
Example: Wireless Headphones Connecting to a TV 360
There are two diverse types of wireless headphones:
- Wireless Headphones with Bluetooth proficiency
- Wireless Headphones without Bluetooth ability (Radio frequency-based models)
Wireless Headphones with Bluetooth Proficiency: Attach your wireless headset to the support dock for the installation of headphone drivers. You will need to be connected to the TV to complete this step. Your headset must also be charged.
Most of the time, the headset will spontaneously attach to your TV if you charge it through the console. Switch on your console if it doesn’t connect automatically and be sure to change the headset so that it is in TV mode. Hold the power button for two seconds until it lights up. After hearing a start-up sound, you are ready to enjoy your favorite TV shows with crystal-clear sound.
Wireless Headphones without Bluetooth proficiency: Confirm that your headphones are charged, then switch on the console and the headphones will turn on. After they are powered up, push and release the connect button on your console. In about 20 seconds, press the connect button for two seconds on your wireless headphones. You should now hear sound coming from your headphones.
It’s time to plug in your wireless headphones to your TV!
A wireless headphone contains rechargeable batteries, a transmitter station, connection cables and adapters to provide the transmitter station with power. The following steps are required for the connection as given below:
- Power on the transmitter and charge the headphones battery. Place the transmitter station near your television, so that it can be attached easily. Plug in the adapter to connect with the transmitter to supply power. Turn on the transmitter and put the headphones on them. Transmitters perform the function of charging these devices. Let the battery charge completely before continuing.
- Now look at the back section of your TV and find the white and red ‘Audio Out’ ports. Also, pinpoint the RCA input on the wireless transmitter station and select RCA cables with the red and white switches. Attach the red plug into the red connector and white plug into the white connectors at the back section of your TV. Insert the other end of the plug into the transmitter. Just in case if your TV has a headphone audio output, use the other cable to connect the headphone TV port, which is located on the transmitter.
- When the connections are set, and the headphones have fully charged, then switch on and tune the headphones. After that, turn on your TV and enjoy your listening experience.
If you are looking for a more detailed guide and a video demonstrating how to connect a wireless headphone to tv, read this post.